Our Community Profile will help you see the advantages of investing in our New Boston TX Area.
Boston was named for an early storekeeper in the settlement, W.J.
Boston. The coming of the railroads led to the location of two more
Bostons. A depot was built about four miles north of Boston and was
named New Boston. The first Boston then became Old Boston. The
courthouse was moved to Texarkana in the early 1880’s but a later
election carried to move the courthouse back to the geographic center of
the county. This location was between the Bostons. Over the course of time, all three "Bostons" have been the county seat.
The Post Office
Department named this location Boston, so Bowie County has claim to
three Bostons; New Boston, Boston. and Old Boston.
County lies in extreme northeastern Texas between the Red River and
Sulphur River. The County was named for James Bowie, Alamo hero,
knife-fighter, rancher and adventurer. Its 873 square miles contain
sands, silt, clay, rich bottom lands and abundant forests of shore leaf
pine, cedar and white oak. Agriculture is good in this area,
supplemented by beef, dairy, and poultry raising.